Saturday, July 7, 2007

projects?

Let me think aloud. I am considering writing here, in an ad hoc, irregular way, about some of my projects or projects of projects. Despite the chaotic, unsystematic entries, I still may collect here some materials, something like fractional data bases. This may complement and help me to develop special sites for the respective projects (more ☻) systematically.

This plan doesn't feel like a blog, it may even go against the idea and spirit of a blog, but this blog, or whatever it is going to be, is first of all for me. Also, such a who knows what may be just as interesting/boring as a regular blog.

In particular, I am thinking about starting here a data base of what I call diagonal kennings. I used to call them "skaldic kennings", and I would prefer such a nice name if it were not for the misunderstandings caused by such a name--I would use it formally, according to my own definition, while others would quote some poems, and would claim that I am wrong ☺. If I were (and perhaps I will) to have here such a data base of diagonal kennings, then I would also post here the poems which feature the respective kennings.

No comments: