Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just a blog entry

Any small mistake or negligence in the care of my father by care givers means a dramatic follow up for my father, and a lot of nerves and extra effort by me.

I sleep little these days, and I am often sleepy and unable to work on my projects. Thus I start or restart to work on a project then stop and switch to a new one. Unfortunately, I have stopped again my efforts on baroque numbers. I want to come back to the attractive for me goal of finding a bunch of new baroque numbers, but I already am writing knols on general topology, on euclidean geometry, on art of agreeing, on dabanese. And I'd like to write on many other topics, especially on more mathematical topics: elementary algebraic topology, elementary number theory, combinatorics, on translation lattices, ... Knols possibly will get a larger audience than a blog. Blog can be more of writing for myself mainly. After all, this very entry is sooooooo embarrassingly boring.

In topology, I'd like to present my theory of universal functions; also my cubical polyhedra approach to algebraic topology, and about the geometry of cubical polyhedrons as well. I have outlined the theory of cubical polyhedra back in Poland, in late sixties. Then in 1970, with J.B., when he was my Ph.D. student at UofM in A2, the one and only ever (I wish I had many) we published a series of papers in Italy, and J.B got his degree in a record fast time.

When it comes to number theory, I should stop playing on a kindergarten level, I should learn some advanced tools, analytic or combinatorial (sieves). Elementary games are fun but the advanced ones are so much more!

I got far away from poetry. I am still a bit active on one English language board, and on one Polish board (Poewiki) but it's only inertia, without contributing much of my energy. It's been ages since I've written any poem. I even feel that I am distancing myself from English! Objectively, I do have contact, like this blog, and in general mainly via Internet, a bit from tv, bits and pieces, when I visit my father. Hm, I have more contact with English than with Polish these days. But my contact with native speakers of (American) English is limited, despite one sharing my apt in the past three months or so.

Yes, it's early, only 21:24 but I definitely am sleepy. Let me lie down for a few minutes. Most of the time I am at the care house at this time, but today my father went to bed early. Later, I might to write about my (rather depressing) impressions from the presidential race.

I should check this entry for errors (typos, etc) but I'll stop now. I have this annoying feeling that I use word "but" way too often.

No comments: