Monday, October 13, 2008

Pros and artsy types

I wish I were a pro, meaning the ability to work efficiently in adverse conditions. Unfortunately, I am of the artsy type--after a setback in my everyday life I stop the current project. When I get back into a better mood then I start life anew, meaning a new project. And so it goes. My present project is knol. It is like several projects. I have already started math-knol, Art of Agreeing knol, and dabanese knol. Each of the consists of subtopics, and, of course, mathematics is especially expansive. I am writing about general topology, a special flavor of Euclidean Geometry, and about metric spaces from the purely metric point of view (not topological). I also have, so far only one, short section about set theory--just to establish notions and terminology of the Cartesian product (diagonal product of functions). It's really a small fragment of the theory of categories, if I wrote it in full generality. In topology, at first I am aiming at the universal images. In metric spaces, I am trying fisrt of all to describe the isometric embeddings results. I would like to write on a bunch of topics while on the other hand the notion of giving up on writing, and on devoting myself to learning a new to me, reasonably deep mathematical item, is always present. I am just afraid to do it. I can quickly write a bit of this and of that. But learning good stuff requires my full concentration, piece of mind and better conditions, at least in my case. Write now I am writing this post because I am not able to write some more of my math-knol. Hm, it was supposed to relax me, not to depress :-) Ok, here's something which to me is mildly amusing. The only of my numerous knols which got rating 5 from 2 readers is the index to my math knols. Isn't it ironic to be appreciated for index? (well, it's just 2 guys). I guess, this is due to the fact that Google didn't provide authors with any special tool for hierarchy of their knols, while my index is a substitute for a true software solution.

Well, that was not entertaining, not funny, cannot help it. The sleepiness I feel is marginally relaxing. So, I'll lay down for a couple of minutes, to recharge myself.

No comments: